31 January 2024

Day 14, rest day in Fairlie

Despite not doing a lot of kilometres every day I decided it was time for a rest day. I had been going for a week without a break.

I had arranged for Mum to send a new tyre to the campsite so my plan was to eat a lot, sleep a lot, and change the old torn tyre.

The plan was going very well until I managed to damage the innertube valve when changing the tyre. I always carry a second innertube so I got it out but it almost fell apart in my hands due to age and perishing. Oh no! Stranded in Fairlie without a functioning bicycle!
That will teach me to inspect my gear more carefully before starting.
Tomorrow morning I will hitchhike to Timaru, buy two new innertubes, a new water filter, and some healthy food. Then hitchhike back to Fairlie.

No comments: